How to Participate
Become a French for the Future ambassador!
Do you love French? Are you passionate about bilingualism and involved in your school and community?
Send in your application for your chance to become a French for the Future ambassador!
Thirty students will be chosen to take part in the 2013 National Ambassador Youth Forum, which will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, from August 22 to 27, 2013
. Travel, lodging and meals for the participants are covered by French for the Future.
The National Ambassador Youth Forum (NAYF)
The NAYF brings together 30 bilingual students in grade 11 (Secondary IV in Quebec) from high schools across the country for five full days of activities. During the NAYF, the students share their diverse experiences and discuss the challenges and extraordinary advantages of speaking two languages in Canada.
The NAYF guides these 30 students to become official French for the Future ambassadors: resource people and "special agents" of bilingualism among their peers and in their respective communities across the country, who fulfill important "missions" in motivating their schools and communities in bilingual action and awareness!
Who can apply to be an ambassador?
Students who are:
- in Grade 11 or Secondary IV (in Quebec)
- available at the time of the NAYF, from August 22 to 27, 2013
- currently enrolled in a French program (Core, Extended, Immersion, French First Language)
- comfortable communicating in French and English with and in front of their peers
- involved in extracurricular activities in French in their school or community
- leadership-oriented and have the desire to make an impact!
How to apply
To apply, please send us the following documents by mail
All the documents must be in one envelope and must be received at French for the Future’s head office before May 3rd, 2013.
- Application Form (available in French only)
- Contract of participation (available in French only)
- 2 letters of recommendation from a teacher, principal or community member. These referees must give you their letters in a sealed envelope after having signed the flap.
- 1 cover letter (maximum 300 words, in French) describing why you want to be a French for the Future ambassador. You can write about activities in which you have participated (or that you have organized) in your school or community as well as your personal path towards bilingualism.
Your application must be received by mail, before May 3rd, 2013
at French for the Future's national office:
French for the Future
366 Adelaide Street East, Suite 444
Ambassadors will be chosen by the French for the Future selection committee. If you are selected, you will be contacted by telephone the week of May 13, 2013.
The official list of 2013 ambassadors will be posted on our website during the month of June 2013.
Send us an email! email@example.com