2013 National Ambassador Youth Forum
What is the National Ambassador Youth Forum?
Since 2004, the National Ambassador Youth Forum (NAYF) brings together 30 bilingual high school students from across Canada.
Over several jam-packed days of fun, interactive workshops and activities centered on the significance of bilingualism, these students gather to share their experiences and to discuss the challenges and advantages of speaking both of Canada's official languages.
The NAYF is a unique cultural and linguistic experience, and is a great travel opportunity, as all travel expenses are paid for by French for the Future.
When is the NAYF?
The NAYF is held in a different city every year.
The 2013 NAYF will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, from August 22 to 27, 2013.
The objectives of the NAYF
The objectives of the NAYF are to:
- forge linguistic and cultural connections among participating students
- encourage dialogue, an exchange of ideas, and foster understanding among youth from diverse parts of the country
- celebrate bilingualism and emphasize the positive cultural and career potential resulting from French language education
- bring together students from all areas of the country, providing the opportunity to learn first-hand about each other's culture and their respective communities
- inspire and educate youth on the value of linguistic duality in Canada
The application period is now closed.
The 30 selected participants will be announced as of June 3rd!