Hosted in over 15 cities across Canada, French for the Future’s Local Forums unite FSL (French Second Language) and FFL (French First Language) high school students for the opportunity to discover and experience the cultural and professional value of continuing a bilingual education.
A day in French!
As full-day interactive events in French, the objectives of the Local Forums are to:
- facilitate dialogue between FSL and FFL students
- provide students with a positive environment in which to practise their French-speaking skills
- educate students on the career possibilities and potential that bilingualism brings
- encourage students to continue their studies in French
- celebrate the French language and francophone culture and show students the important role that French plays in Canada
By participating in a Local Forum, students attend creative and informative workshops, engage in discussions, and take part in exciting cultural events and activities. In also meeting bilingual professionals and sharing ideas and perspectives on French learning, these students become part of the dynamic bilingual community in their region.
Local Forum participants across the country can experience the francophonie chez eux!