What is the NAYF?
Since 2004, the National Ambassador Youth Forum (NAYF) has brought together bilingual high school students from across Canada.
Over several jam-packed days of fun, interactive workshops and activities centered on the significance of bilingualism, these students gather to share their experiences and to discuss the challenges and advantages of speaking both of Canada’s official languages. Students will also receive intensive training in leadership and event planning, important skills needed to become an ambassador of the French language in their community.
The NAYF is a unique cultural and linguistic experience, and is a great travel opportunity, as all travel, food and lodging expenses are paid for.
Objectives of the NAYF
By bringing together bilingual youth from all over the country, French for the Future aims to:
- Encourage dialogue, an exchange of ideas, and foster understanding among francophone and francophile youth from diverse parts of the country.
- Celebrate bilingualism and emphasize the positive cultural and career potential resulting from French language education
- Help participants discover the francophone community and culture et the NAYF’s host city
- Give intense training with the following objectives :
- Educate youth on today’s Canadian Francophonie and the value of linguistic duality across the country
- Leadership training
- Promote team work
- Training in event planning
- Encourage students to act as ambassadors for French in their community by committing to organize activities during the following school year.
Where and when is the next NAYF?
The NAYF is held in a different city every year.
The 2017 NAYF will be held in Charlottetown, PEI, from August 21 to 25, 2017.
Applications are open to students Canada-wide:
- Currently in Grade 10 and 11
- Available at the time of the NAYF
- Currently enrolled in a French program (Core, Extended, Immersion, French First Language)
- Comfortable communicating in French and English with and in front of their peers
- Involved in extracurricular activities in French in their school or community
- Leadership-oriented and have the desire to make an impact!
Applications will be open in April 2017, stay tuned!